9 Tips For Ordering Healthy Food Delivery In New York
COVID-19 and indoor dining in New York
New York dining rooms are temporarily open again for customers and can resume indoor dining with some restrictions. This measure however does not include New York City where restaurants are still shut down to dine-in services. Owners are doing their best to overcome the current crisis and financial downturn.
Ordering take-away or home delivery in New York supports local gastronomy which fights for survival during the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, it is the safest choice to order home or office delivery. Healthy food delivery in New York is the best way to stay safe but you should remember to follow the guidelines in order to minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Healthy food delivery – how to stay safe and avoid risk
Many restaurants are taking extra precautions, cleaning and disinfecting even more frequently amid the pandemic. As we know there is no evidence that coronavirus can be transmitted by food the biggest concern when ordering food delivery is transmitting coronavirus between the delivery person and the customer.
9 tips on how to place a safe order of healthy food delivery in New York:
- Select only the places you trust! Order food from restaurants where you dined before the outbreak of COVID-19. If you were happy about the food you ordered and the cleanliness and hygiene maintained in the restaurant, there is a good chance that everything will be at the highest level during an epidemiological threat. If you want to try out a new place to order healthy food in New York you can call the place and ask how they obey the safety rules and what coronavirus precautions they are taking.
- Pay online. Be sure to pay for your order online – avoid cash transaction! The risk of coronavirus transmitting on banknotes is very high.
- Rely on direct delivery Find out if the restaurant delivers the food with its own transport or if they use external companies. Thanks to contactless door to door delivery your order will go directly to your doorstep.
- Avoid direct contact with the supplier. Avoid interaction with the delivery person or order contactless drop-off to have the food left at the door. If you have to pay by card or cash, be sure to do so in disposable gloves and with a mask on your face. Remember that the mask must fit tightly to your face.
- Wash your hands after bringing in the food. Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds after bringing in your food. Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth before washing your hands.
- Take out the food, recycle the box used for the delivery, wash your hands again.
- Use your own plates and utensils.
- Disinfect the surfaces such as tables before and after eating.
- Again, wash your hands after finishing your delicious meal.
Choose your meal plan: vegan, slim, fit or athletics and check healthy food delivery in New York
Spend less time cooking, free up your busy schedule and minimize the risk of getting infected with COVID-19 by staying home – choose healthy food delivery in New York. Professional cooks and nutritionists will prepare the perfect ready-to-eat weekly plan according to your needs. You will have more time, but also will be healthier and happier.
In Blooming Flavors we strictly follow food safety regulations and provide safe delivery service in New York. Check our healthy meal plans delivery offer in Manhattan and Queens (Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday), Brooklyn (Monday, Thursday), and Long Island (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).